TMY COVID POLICY
FOR RETREATS IN COSTA RICA
1) CR Travel Requirements- As of now, the Costa Rica Tourism policy is as follows....
- Starting April 1, 2022-- the temporary immigration measures for entering Costa Rica – put in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic – are repealed. This eliminates the requirement to complete the epidemiological form known as the Health Pass and the requirement of medical insurance for unvaccinated foreigners.
- All commercial establishments, activities, and events can operate at 100% capacity.
- Costa Rica maintains the requirement for the mandatory use of masks, the protocol for washing hands and taking temperatures, as well as compliance with health protocols for each tourist activity.
- Closer to your departure date, please check to see if travel requirements have changed.
2) Travel Safety Measures- We ask that students travel with precaution. We recommend quarantining at home for 2 weeks prior to your departure (if possible). While traveling, we insist that you wear a N-95 mask (under your cloth mask) even if you have been vaccinated. It has been formally announced that vaccinated people can still catch & spread COVID.
3.) Social Distancing Measures- We ask that students continue to practice social distancing throughout the entire training. Please do not eat in public spaces indoors. Please do not hang out with people outside the training group (travelers and locals). We believe this is the main key to keeping the group safe! It’s actually quite easy to practice social distancing here in Uvita. Almost all restaurants serve customers outdoors and masks are always required when entering shops, banks, etc. We will provide a few areas outside for students to eat if they wish to stay at the TMY Center during meal breaks.
4.) COVID Tests in CR – We will have self-test kits available on site (SARS COV 2 Rapid Antigen Test). The testing protocol will be:
On the first day of training we will test each student for COVID. It takes about 3-15 minutes to receive your results.
If you contract any symptoms please notify Trika Admin right away and we will help organize another test for you and ask that you sit separate from the group during teachings.
5.) TMY Yoga Platform - Our yoga platform is a humble space and we are accepting the maximum number of participants possible for each retreat (as we do not want to turn away large numbers of students wanting to train). Therefore, we will NOT be able to provide a 6-ft distance between students during classes. Our mats will be edge-to-edge during physical practice sessions. We will be able to spread out more when seated in theory & technique classes. We recommend wearing masks (N-95 is the best) if you wish to add extra precaution.
6.) Prophylactic Measures- There are now a number of studies suggesting certain prophylactic measures against COVID. We understand that this topic is controversial in public discussion. We recommend this website if you are interested in learning more about supplement cocktails and other potential resources:
7.) What if you Test Positive for COVID During the Training? -
If you test positive for COVID you can sit outside the yoga shala for teachings. We have chairs available for your use. Recordings of classes will not be provided. If you need to miss class due to illness you can obtain class notes from the other students.
We will then provide you with a test 5-7 days later. Once you test negative you can re-join the rest of the group in the shala.
8.) Consent & Liability: By attending a training, you give your consent and accept the risk of contracting COVID. You understand that the 6-ft distance rule will not apply during class times and do not hold Trika Mahāsiddha Yoga responsible or liable in any way if you contract COVID during the training.